KirkukNow publishes confession of suspect involved in beheading police officer

Kirkuk, policemen are investigating into the murder of a police officer whose corpse is dumped on a street, May 24, 2020. Photo: Soran Mohammed

KirkukNow- Kirkuk

Bahjat Anwar, a police officer who was founded beheaded on a street, had a verbal fighting with a couple of persons and his head was hit with the glass base of a hookah, one of the suspects confessed.

The security forces in Kirkuk in an operation raided a house in al-Nasr neighborhood and arrested a person charged with the murder of the police officer, Anwar.

A security source told KirkukNow that after finding the dead body of the officer, they have watched the recoded films of the security cameras, which have helped them find a house of an Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) family in al-Uruba neighborhood, adding that the house was left empty when the forces visited it.

“After further investigations, we found the family in al-Nasri neighborhood. The man managed to escape as soon as our force approached the house, obliging us not to shoot him as children were playing in the alley,” the source claimed.

The security forces, however, arrested wife of the suspect, who has talked to the police on the matter.

“The woman confessed that her husband and two other persons had verbal fight with the police officer, later her husband hit the officer with the glass base of a hookah. The officer fell to the ground and they later beheaded him, put his body in the truck bed of his vehicle, and eventually abandoned the car on a street.”

The source added that the woman, her husband, and two other persons were involved in the crime, but only the woman has been arrested so far.

Bahjat Anwar, who was a police officer, was found beheaded on a street on May 24, after 24 hours of his disappearance.

KirkukNow reporter immediately visited the street where Anwar’s dead body was dumped.

Bashir al-Haddad, the second deputy speaker of the Iraqi Council of Representatives, issued a statement after the incident and called for finding the criminals.

Haddad issued another statement yesterday, May 27, in which he says that after his call, one of the suspects has been arrested.

  • FB
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • YT